Several dental issues can be prevented without any difficulty. Oral hygiene that is proper brushing twice daily along with flossing must be performed. Additionally, proper food and regular checkups are vital for averting dental issues. Getting familiar with the common dental issues and their origins can help a lot in keeping them at bay.
- Halitosis – Bad breath is medically termed as ‘halitosis’ and is a very embarrassing situation. Bad breath is sourced via gum disease, cavities, dry mouth, oral cancer and bacteria present on the tongue.
Using mouthwash to eliminate bad breath will only cover the foul odor, but not cure it. However, if you undergo from unceasing bad breath then visit Tribeca Smiles dental office to rule out any such issues.
- Tooth decay – The second most widespread disease after common cold is tooth decay. Sugary food and bacteria merge to form an acid and cause tooth decay. An apparent, muggy substance called plaque containing bacteria is regularly formed on your gums and teeth.
The acids destroy tooth enamel over time ensuing in tooth decay. The finest way to avoid tooth decay is to brush regularly after each meal and go for dental checkups regularly. Avoid sugary drinks and snacks, but eat healthy food to prevent decay.
- Periodontal disease – periodontal disease is also known as gum disease that is connected to strokes and heart attacks. The infection of the gums can also cause tooth loss among adults. Peridontis and gingivitis are two main phases of gum disease. Frequent visits to your dentist are suggested and personal oral sanitation plays a vital role in avoiding the gum disease.
- Oral Cancer – Cancer strikes anywhere inside the mouth including the lips and tongue. At Tribeca Smiles there is a complimentary screening for any signs of cancer in oral tissues. If cancer is not detected at an early stage the tumors develop and spread to the lymph glands, which is fatal. If recognized at an early stage, oral cancer can be treated.
- Tooth erosion – The loss of the structure of the tooth due to the acid that attacks the tooth enamel can cause sensitivity or cracking. This can be thwarted with proper hygiene.
- Unattractive smile – Technically speaking this is not a dental problem, but some people are unsatisfied with their smile and seek dental treatment. Today, an unattractive smile actually lowers the confidence level of a person.
Luckily, with cosmetic dentistry procedures performed at Tribeca Smiles anyone can enhance their smile. The orthodontics at the clinic offer teeth whitening, veneers, crowns, bridges, dental implants and many cosmetic dental tasks that bring a permanent bright and white smile.